June 5, 2010

Art and Wine Workshops

Lazy Days of Summer
Art and Wine Workshops
By LeAnne Iverson
 
 
I dreamt of my perfect day. A day just sittin’ around a big, out door table with a bunch of women, drinkin’ wine and makin’ art. The weather is yawning and world music has taken the roots of the old oak trees and bougainvillea to another place and time. The sun is setting and there is no place I’d rather be then right here. Laid out on the table is a banquet of colors, textures and little tools. I don’t know what to feast on first. It’s a smorgasbord of old patterns,  intriqueing images and objects of desire.  I start feel the tension of not knowing what to do and that tired feeling of “if I do something it will look like ____________.”(Fill in with a negative word of your choice.)  A gentle voice comes… (one I know…and think is quite funny and often entertaining) to guide me through this world of creative exploration. I become engaged and my mind floods with possibilities and imagination.  I’m in my very happy place (no not that happy place the other happy place and no more wine for you!) An Art challenge is given where I have nothing better to do then to dive right in. Everyone else is in and they are laughing and getting messy so I give it a whirl and pour myself another glass of wine. I feel safe that my instructor will make me look good and show me some tricks of the trade. I will be at peace with my process and I will have created something that didn’t exist before. Now I have made memory out of what could have been another average day.
(Oh yeah…. I forgot ….. And then at the end of this perfect day everyone would love it so much and be so thankful to have this perfect day organized that they would give me $25!) Ha! 
 
If this is your perfect day....sign up with me!

An excuse to sit around and talk.
An excuse to play around with art materials and techniques.
An excuse to drink wine probably a little too early in the day.
A place to relax and not have to set up or clean up.
A place to make a mess and learn some life lasting skills.
A place to be out doors and just be in the moment of creation.
 
See you in SB…LeAnne

More info to follow....

No comments: